Motion to Modify

Modifications of prior Dissolution Decrees can be for any issues that need to be changed. Where a couple decides to change visitation or child support between themselves, they should have that agreement approved by the Court. Particularly in the area of money being paid, it is very dangerous not to have the new amounts confirmed by the Court.

Individuals need to be aware that there are two systems in the state of Missouri for establishing or modifying child support. One is through the Circuit Court system and the other is through the Administrative Child Support Enforcement system. Handling modifications in each system is different and requires specific rules to be followed to apply for or defend modifications.

Forms and directions specific to Jackson County